“For some years, Jance Lentz has painted in the woods, fields and lakes near her home in Kent. More recently, she has sought subjects in more far-flung places — New England, France, Italy and England. As she has searched more extensively for motifs, there has been a corresponding growth in her powers as an artist. The glowing colors and intricate pattern of light and shadow, and the rich textures of her paint are woven together into a lovely fabric, and these views are so fundamentally satisfying because her paintings have their basis in strong drawing. Like the American Impressionists of a hundred years ago, Lentz never abandons the integrity of her subject in favor of superficial dazzle.”
— Ben Basham, Ph.D.
- McKay Bricker/Black Squirrel Gallery, Kent, Ohio
- Art Access Gallery, Columbus, Ohio
- Dragonfly Gallery, Martha’s Vineyard, Mass.
- The Bonfoey Company, Cleveland, Ohio
- Fisher Galleries, Washington, D.C.
- 1335 Lake Roger Dr.
- Kent, Ohio, 44240